- Country:Russian Federation
- Site number:110
- Area:208,000 ha
- Designation date:11-10-1976
- Coordinates:66°46'N 33°07'E
Materials presented on this website, particularly maps and territorial information, are as-is and as-available based on available data and do not imply the expression of any opinion whatsoever on the part of the Secretariat of the Ramsar Convention concerning the legal status of any country, territory, city or area, or of its authorities, or concerning the delimitation of its frontiers or boundaries.
Strict Nature Reserve, Wildlife Refuge. The inner part of a bay, consisting of 850 islands set in a glacial landscape dominated by coniferous forest. The area supports a rich, benthic invertebrate fauna providing an important food supply for various species of nesting waterbirds. Large numbers of ducks molt in the area.
- National legal designation:
- The Kandalakshsky State Nature Zapovednik
- Last publication date:01-07-2008