Corredor Costero La Asamblea-San Francisquito
- Site number:1595
- Area:44,304 ha
- Designation date:27-11-2005
- Coordinates:29°27'N 113°49'W
Materials presented on this website, particularly maps and territorial information, are as-is and as-available based on available data and do not imply the expression of any opinion whatsoever on the part of the Secretariat of the Ramsar Convention concerning the legal status of any country, territory, city or area, or of its authorities, or concerning the delimitation of its frontiers or boundaries.
Corredor Costero La Asamblea - San Francisquito. 27/11/05; Baja California; 44,304 ha; 29°27'N 113°50'W. The physical characteristics of the site and its coastal, marine and insular diversity promotes the existence of abundant flora and fauna, including around 35% of the 3,452 marine species recorded for the Gulf of California, of which at least 21 are threatened. Among the species present are the marine turtles Chelonia mydas, Caretta caretta, Lepidochelys olivacea, Eretmochelys imbricata and Dermochelys coriacea, as well as the whale shark (Rhincodon typus). The site contains seagrass beds and coral formations, both of which are underrepresented in the Ramsar List. The introduction of exotic species, the collection of eggs, and various other human activities are adversely affecting the site, which is only partially regulated by a management plan. Ramsar site No. 1595. Most recent RIS information: 2005.
- National legal designation:
- Area de Protección de Flora y Fauna - Islas del Golfo de California
- Reserva de la Biósfera - Bahía de los Ángeles y Canales de Ballenas y Salsipuedes
- Área de Protección de Flora y Fauna - Valle de los Cirios
- Last publication date:27-11-2005
Ramsar Information Sheet (RIS)
Additional reports and documents
- Taxonomic lists of plant and animal species occurring in the site