- Site number:208
- Area:800 ha
- Designation date:20-06-1980
- Coordinates:33°16'N 05°16'W
Materials presented on this website, particularly maps and territorial information, are as-is and as-available based on available data and do not imply the expression of any opinion whatsoever on the part of the Secretariat of the Ramsar Convention concerning the legal status of any country, territory, city or area, or of its authorities, or concerning the delimitation of its frontiers or boundaries.
Lac d'Afennourir. 20/06/80; Ifrane; 800 ha; 33°17'N 005°16'W. Permanent Hunting Reserve. A mountain lake at 1800m altitude, important for wintering regionally rare species of waterbirds and also used by breeding and migrating birds. Human activities include tourism and recreational use. Ramsar site no. 208. Most recent RIS information: 2005.
- National legal designation:
- Natural Park
- Permanent Hunting Reserve
- Site of Biological and Ecological Interest
- Zone d'Importance pour la Conservation des Oiseaux
- Last publication date:01-01-2005