- Country:Iran (Islamic Republic of)
- Site number:48
- Area:120 ha
- Designation date:23-06-1975
- Coordinates:37°55'N 46°42'E
Lake Gori. 23/06/75; Azarbayjan-e Sharqi; 120 ha; 37°55'N 046°42'E. A freshwater lake fringed by extensive reedbeds of various species, and lying in a closed, high altitude basin. The lake is fed by rainfall, runoff, springs and small streams, with inflow from spring snow-melt being the greatest contributor. The surrounding area is semi-arid steppe and includes a small settlement and associated cultivation. Breeding waterbirds include Black-necked Grebe, White-headed Duck and other Anatidae (ducks, geese, swans, etc.). Ramsar site no. 48. Most recent RIS information: 1997.
- National legal designation:
- Last publication date:01-01-1997