- Country:Russian Federation
- Site number:679
- Area:1,217,000 ha
- Designation date:13-09-1994
- Coordinates:55°27'N 69°00'E
Materials presented on this website, particularly maps and territorial information, are as-is and as-available based on available data and do not imply the expression of any opinion whatsoever on the part of the Secretariat of the Ramsar Convention concerning the legal status of any country, territory, city or area, or of its authorities, or concerning the delimitation of its frontiers or boundaries.
Tobol-Ishim Forest-steppe. 13/09/94; Tyumen Oblast; 1,217,000 ha; 55°27'N 069°00'E. State Nature Reserve, Temporary Wildlife Refuge, Nature Monument. A region of birch and aspen forests interspersed with wetlands consisting of freshwater lakes and rivers with marshy areas of meadow and steppe, most of which are ploughed. Vegetation includes reed and sedge beds, peatlands, and mosses. The hydrologic regime of the lakes is characterized by a 20- to 50-year inundation cycle determined by climate variations. These cycles cause dynamic changes in salinity levels and vegetative communities. The wetland mosaic supports a rich and significant diversity of habitats and species. At least 20 rare and endangered waterbird species occur. The area is situated on a major migration route used by millions of birds each spring and autumn, and is important for large concentrations of breeding and molting waterbirds and colonial shore birds. Ramsar site no. 679. Most recent RIS information: 1997.
Tyumen Oblast/Tumen Oblast
- National legal designation:
- Nature monument - Brusnichnoye
- Nature Reserve ('zakaznik') - Kabansky Zakaznik
- Nature Reserve ('zakaznik') - Okunevsky Zakaznik
- Nature Reserve ('zakaznik') - Pesochny Zakaznik
- Nature Reserve ('zakaznik') - Tavolzhan Zakaznik
- Nature Reserve ('zakaznik') - The Belozersky State Nature Reserve
- Last publication date:01-01-1997