- Country:United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
- Site number:862
- Area:2,547 ha
- Designation date:04-10-1996
- Coordinates:52°06'N 01°32'E
Materials presented on this website, particularly maps and territorial information, are as-is and as-available based on available data and do not imply the expression of any opinion whatsoever on the part of the Secretariat of the Ramsar Convention concerning the legal status of any country, territory, city or area, or of its authorities, or concerning the delimitation of its frontiers or boundaries.
Alde-Ore Estuary. 04/10/96; England; 2,547 ha; 52°05'N 001°33'E. Special Protection Area, SSSI. An estuary complex of three rivers comprising various habitats including intertidal mudflats, saltmarsh, a vegetated shingle spit, saline lagoons, and semi-intensified grazing marsh. The site supports nationally scarce plants and invertebrates and notable assemblages of breeding and wintering wetland birds. Human activities include recreation, fishing, livestock grazing, and hunting. Ramsar site no. 862. Most recent RIS information: 1999.
- National legal designation:
- area of outstanding natural beauty
- bird refuge
- Regional (international) legal designations:
- EU Natura 2000
- Last publication date:01-01-1999